Friday, February 24, 2017

Ebook Pet Peeve: Samples

I read a lot of ebooks these days. I love being able to browse at my leisure, then buy and start reading without even getting off the couch. Not to mention how much space it saves in my apartment.

But I have one huge pet peeve I wish publishers would address.

Ebook samples.

Specifically, it drives me absolutely crazy when I finally find a book that sounds awesome, download the sample, load it up and...there's no book in it. Seriously? How do you expect to sell a book if readers can't even check out the first page. A dozen pages of praise for the author's other books and the table of contents isn't going to entice me to read this book.

I'm not going to name the book or author, because it's really not their fault. It's also not the first book I've had this particular problem with.

Now I'm so annoyed I don't even want to read anymore today. GG. Get your crap together, publishers. It shouldn't be that hard to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment